COVID Rules For Events
For the well-being of Dog Event Participants:
1. Masks are required at all times inside the building if not fully vaccinated. At the judge’s discretion, masks may be required while you run your dog.
2. Practice social distancing. Stay at least six feet away from other participants. Avoid congregating. We will use floor markers for places in line.
3. We have placed hand sanitizer in several locations throughout the building and outside near the doors. Please use it. We also have soap at all sinks where you can wash your hands.
4. Avoid touching dogs who are not your responsibility.
5. Bring your own writing pen or select a pen from our CLEAN PENS container. After use, place it in our UNCLEAN PENS container.
6. Crating and seating shall be at least 6 feet apart. Excluded are “FAMILY” groups of exhibitors and dogs. You may crate side by side but maintain at least 6 feet between groups and individuals.
7. No food will be provided. Participants should bring their own lunch/drinks.
8. Crating will be available in designated areas only. Check with front desk about availability.
9. All volunteers will wear masks. Sanitizer will be available at stations. Volunteers should meet with trial chair or volunteer coordinator prior to your first shift for COVID briefing.
10. Participants will be lined up six feet apart to enter the arena through the dog wash area. Others should stay out of this area. NO crating within dog wash area. A volunteer will open the gate for you and shut it after you enter.
11. Exit the arena through the designated gate and then go outside the building or into the crating area in the daycare area. A volunteer will open the gate for you and shut it after you exit.
12. Leash runners will use a “grabber” to move leashes so you can drop your leash as normal. AKC will allow you to put your leash in your pocket or wear it. However if your dog grabs it, you will be eliminated.
13. Course maps will be posted at several points throughout the building. Paper copies will not be available. We recommend that you take a picture of the course map to avoid congregating around the maps.
14. We will periodically spray sanitizer on common surfaces. Internal doors will be propped open where possible. Trash containers will be left open so no touching is necessary.